What Are the Aging Effects on My Teeth and Face?
As we age, certain changes with our teeth can occur which may not be aesthetically pleasing. "Aging" itself does not produce these effects, but it is what we do to our teeth over time! Some unpleasant changes include broken or chipped teeth, shorter or flatter teeth, yellowing or staining of the teeth, mismatched crowns and fillings, spaces between the teeth or gums, missing teeth, and crooked teeth.
Your skin can become wrinkled and lack elasticity due to the loss of collagen. The face appears tired, sad, or even mad.
Sometimes your face does not reflect how you really feel!
What is Anti-Aging & Rejuvenation Dentistry?
Health in the mouth must include healthy gums, teeth, bone and its supporting structures, and healthy, functioning temporomandibular joints.
Total facial aesthetics involves treating the face to soften or eliminate wrinkles, enhancing the lips, and filling in deep wrinkle folds.
Juvederm® Dermal Fillers
You now have options that are highly effective in treating static wrinkles. Static wrinkles are those wrinkles that are present when your face is at rest (relaxed). Examples of
- We lose 1% of dermal collagen per year especially over age 50. Dermal fillers can be curative and preventative as hyaluronic acid based fillers, like Juvederm®, are highly hydrophillic (water-loving) carbohydrates that can bind water up to a thousand times its volume. This means a good capacity for plumping of the skin.
- Hyaluronic acid exists naturally in all living organisms, and the skin houses the vast majority (56%) of the hyaluronic acid in the body. It is degradable and dissipates over time (6-12 months).
- Don't forget the LIPS! Using the right technique, you can have beautiful, full, but natural looking lips. No "DUCK BILLS" allowed!
Botox Cosmetic TherapyMost people are familiar with the term "
- Probably the most common areas of Botox use is to treat the frown lines between the eyes, horizontal forehead lines, and Crow's feet.
- Other cosmetic uses may include treatment of radial fine lines around the lips, gummy smiles, and dimpling of the chin. Ask us if Botox might be right for you.
- There are also therapeutic uses of Botox Therapy. Botox can be used to treat grinding and clenching of the teeth, tension headaches, and can be used effectively in TMJ/TMD therapy.
Snap-On SmileSnap-On Smile is a custom-made, cosmetic removable dental arch. Snap-On Smile fits right over your own teeth to give you a beautiful, natural-looking smile covering stains, chips, gaps or missing teeth. Snap-On Smile is an affordable alternative to full-mouth reconstruction procedures like dental veneers, dental implants or dentures. Some features of Snap-on Smile are:
- Completely painless and easy
- Very affordable, convenient, and long lasting
- Completely reversible. Just take it out!
- Gives you a beautiful smile when you want it
Look Great, Feel Fresh
It's not just your teeth that you can change to give you a fresher, more youthful appearance. You can "freshen up" your face easier than you think (and without surgery!)
We can provide you with Botox and/or Juvederm® to give you a more youthful appearance. There are other options such as dental porcelain veneers or adult cosmetic orthodontics. Come in today for a consult to learn more!