Patient Before and After Photos
Using Myofunctional AppliancePhotos of actual patients of Dr. Ann Soberay before and after treatment with a MyoBrace system.
👉Dr. Soberay uses two main myofunctional appliances
☝️1) The ALF (advanced light force) Appliance
- Customized and designed wire that is placed behind the teeth by Dr. Soberay to address individual's issues of the palate, airways, and teeth
- Not visible on the outside of the teeth
- Worn all the time while eating
- Monthly adjustments made in the office with updated photos every three months
- Find out more at alftherapy.com
✌️2) The Myobrace appliance
- Multiple sizes to fit different patient's mouths
- Mouthguard-type appliance worn overnight and one hour a day
- Quarterly monitored in the office with updated photos
- Find out more at myobrace.com
Waiting until all permanent teeth have come through to begin treatment with braces can unfortunately lead to irreversible damage affecting not only the teeth, but also the child’s overall health and development.
Poor myofunctional habits (poor oral habits) are evident before all permanent teeth are present, which means treatment of the causes can begin much earlier than originally thought. This can be as early as three years of age.Functional Jaw Orthodontics uses the muscles of the face (chewing muscles, lips, tongue...) to encourage and promote proper growth and development of teeth and jaws.
- Want to learn more? Visit the International Association for Orthodontics.
Find out more about each appliance below:
The Myobrace®System is preventive pre-orthodontic treatment that focuses on addressing the underlying causes of crooked teeth, often without the need for braces or extraction of teeth, unlocking natural growth and development. Treatment is best suited to children aged 3 to 15 and involves using a series of removable intra-oral appliances that are worn for 1-2 hours each day plus overnight while sleeping.
MyoBrace Introduction Video
What Myobrace Treatment does: How does it do this? By helping the child: Corrects poor oral habits Breathe through the nose
Develops & aligns the jaws Correct tongue resting position
Straightens the teeth Swallow correctly
Optimizes facial development Keep the lips together
Improves overall health
Promotes healthy eating habits
ALF Appliance Therapy
Even though the ALF appliance is an orthodontic appliance in that it moves teeth, it is so much more, especially for the child with abnormalities of facial growth and development.
How it Works:
- Stimulates transverse bone growth, in much the same way as the chewing of solid and semi-solid foods in the developing child
- Exerts a gentle and subtle lateral force 24/7 to create effective orthopedic, orthodontic, osteopathic and neurosensory regulation
- Replaces and allows proper tongue function and gives stability to the cranio-facial complex
- Provides the support for the head and neck that the tongue has failed to provide due to the improper formation of adequate swallowing and chewing reflexes.
- Functions as a neurophysiologic stimulus, as an orthopedic/orthodontic device and it encourages the tongue to assume a more normal rest posture position which provides many benefits to the patient.
Learn more at: https://alftherapy.com/faq
Other benefits you may see:
- Improved Posture
- Better Rest
- More Attentive and Focused
- Beautiful smile
- Well-developed face
- Minimized risk of TMJ problems
- Improved Airway health, reducing the risk for snoring and obstructive sleep apnea