What is Anti-Aging & Rejuvenation Dentistry?
Anti-agining and rejuvenation dentistry is the resotoration of the mouth to the healthiest and most esthetically pleasing state possible and complementing this with total facial esthetics. Health in the mouth must include healthy gums, teeth, bone and its supporting structures, and healthy functioning temporomandibular joints. Total facial esthetics involves treating the face to soften or eliminate wrinkles, enhancing the lips, and filling in deep wrinkle folds.
Total Facial Esthetics Explained
- You now have options that are highly effective in treating static wrinkles. Static wrinkles are those wrinkles that are present when your face is at rest (relaxed). Examples of these kind of wrinkles include nasiolabial folds (the parentheses around the nose and mouth), Marionette lines (lines that extend down from mouth), stubborn forehead lines, and the downturned mouth. These persistent wrinkles make you look mad or sad, even when you're not!
- Don't forget the LIPS! Using the right technique, you can have beautiful, full, but natural looking lips. No "DUCK BILLS" allowed!
- We lose 1% of dermal collagen per year especially over age 50. Dermal fillers can be curative and preventative as the hyaluronic acid based fillers ,like Juvederm, are highly hydrophillic (water loving) arbohydrates that can bind water up to a thousand times its volume. This means a good capacity for plumping of the skin.
- Hyaluronic acid exixts naturally in all living organisms and the skin houses the vast majority (56%) of the hyaluronic acid in the body. It is degradable and dissipates over time (6-12 months).
- Most people are familiar with the term "botox". There are some myths that are associated with the term. You can still make all the normal expressions, just not with so many wrinkles showing up!
- Probably the most common areas of Botox use is to treat the fown lines between the eyes, horozontal forehead lines, and Crow's feet.
- Other cosmetic uses may include treatment of radial fine lines around the lips, gummy smiles, and dimpling of the chin. Ask us if Botox might be right for you.
- Completely painless and easy
- Very affordable, convenient, and long lasting
- Completely reversible. Just take it out!
- Gives you a beautiful smile when you want it
What does it mean to create a youthful appearance?
Over time our smile can change due to normal usage of our teeth as well as unintentional abuse. Unintentionalble abuse includes chewing ice and other objects not meant to be eaten! Grinding our teeth can cause shortening or breakage. Using the teeth as some kind of tool doesn't ususally work out so well either. Bottom line, broken, chipped, or short teeth do not give a youthful appearance.
Yellowed or stained teeth look old and tired. There are options to make your smile look brighter, healthier, and younger.
BUT.. it's not just your teeth that you can change to give you a fresher, more youthful appearance. You can "freshen up" your face easier than you think (and without surgery!) We can provide you with Botox and Juvederm Cosmetics to give you a more "youthful appearance". Visit our Anti-Aging Dentistry page to learn more about these services as well as cosmetic dental Porcelain Veneers or Adult Cosmetic Orthodontics.