Complete Hygiene Program
Complete Hygiene Program
- Periodic dental hygiene care is customized for you. Getting a "cleaning" may not be enough for you to maintain excellent dental health. Someone else may need to see their hygienist only once a year! Others may need to visit us every three months. It all depends on the health of your teeth, gums, and bone! We plan your care based on existing conditions and needs. We work to help you improve your dental health and reduce your risk of disease.
- Disease Assessment goes beyond the quick-look-see for cavities when you see our hygienists. They use the latest technology to determine certain aspects of your dental health which then enables them to provide the best options for your care. Some examples include DNA testing of the bacteria in your mouth to identify specific pathogens, salivary testing to determine deficiencies in the protective mechanisms of your saliva and to detect levels of bacterial activity, oral cancer screenings (visual, manual manipulation, and enhanced visual (Vizilite). Your hygienist will record your blood pressure and oxygen saturation level. Blood testing for HbA1c (diabetes screening) and hsC-Reactive protein (inflammation in the body) may also be discussed and recommended. Of course a thorough dental screening for cavities and gum disease is always part of your examination. Digital dental x-rays or 3D Imaging may also be used to detect disease and abnormalities.
- Periodontal Therapy is necessary when gum disease is diagnosed, if you want to save your teeth. Most often, a non-surgical approach to treatment of periodontal disease can be offered. Non-surgical periodontal therapy is conservative but very effective treatment for gum disease. Again, this treatment is customized for your specific needs. Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) is used to remove bacteria and diseased tissues without traditional periodontal surgery. A local antibiotic may also be used when appropriate. Preventing more complicated surgical treatments is the way to go...less invasive and less costly.
- Caries Control Therapy is available in our office. You really don't have to have cavities. It's true. We know what causes cavities and ways to prevent the disease. And disease it is! And it's transmissable to your spouse, children, and/or significant others. There has been a tremendous amount of research of dental caries ("cavities") and it is known how to prevent this transmissable disease. As a Cariologist, Dr. Soberay has always been active in educating her patients in disease prevention. Prevention is all up to you! We have the knowledge, the diagnostic technologies, the method and products to eradicate dental caries disease for you. Just ask us to help you.
- Home Care Products - We have (available in our office) specific home care products for your needs and wants. If you prefer, we can recommend good OTC products and/or write prescriptions for helpful pharmaceuticals.
Want to learn more? Click here to visit Perio.org and learn more about gum disease and how it is important in your overall health (heart disease, diabetes, pregnancy, and respiratory infections). Visit the Caries Free website to learn more about preventing dental decay.